Thursday, August 20, 2009

Grandma & Grandpa Fisher's House

The other day after water-skiing at Pineview with Uncle Art & his family I decided to stop and see Grandma & Grandpa Fisher's old house in Mt. Green--wow such memories! The Easter egg hunts, Christmas parties, canning dill veggies, making fruit leather and jam, the merry-go-round that is no longer there, the big rock in the front yard, the stone steps that I love, the trees--which are HUGE now! The front lawn where my uncles used to toss us kids back and forth in front of the long set of windows where the old family photos were taken, my parents old house (from long before I was around) and the massive hill in the back yard that sure doesn't seem so massive any more. I was going to ask to go inside but they weren't home to ask... didn't stop me from shooting the outside.

I thought some of you may like to share in the pictorial trip down memory lane, enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That brings back a flood of memories to see all those photos. I can't remember when I was last there, but it just seems like yesterday when I see the pics. Thanks!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the Red Cadillac?! :) I remember being somewhere on those rock stairs and calling Grandma, "Red." My dad gave me the 3rd degree! Those are fun pics to see Ashley. It does feel like yesterday that we were all there playing. Thanks for the post!

    jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley - I love the old "boat house" (I have met people who lived around Mtn Green and found out that was its nickname). I cannot believe how big the trees are too! I need to take a drive. Not sure if you remember, I fell off that wrap around porch onto the rocks and split my chin open. Had to go to the ER on Sunday. 5 stitches. I want to go inside the house and "feel" the memories too =) Riced potatoes, fudge, red bathroom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE seeing these pics, thank you Ash for taking these pictures. I remember the rock in the front and those amazing stairs. So many memories, wow. Thanks for putting this blog together. I love it already! Hey, can you just sneak a pic off my blog, it would be much easier for me. I unfortunately will not be able to be there, we are moving to MT the day before. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pictures. It was great to see them. I miss mom and dad and all those fun family parties we use to have. I am so glad that all of you older kids have great memories there. We do need to stay more connected with each other than just at a wedding or a funeral. Thanks for doing the work. Love all of you.

    ReplyDelete